Imagine you are the head nurse in a busy veterinary practice which has a high turnover of new staff.
Explain the clinic policies and procedures covering the admission and discharge of animals.
Ensure you consider the following points.
• How routine enquiries are to be answered.
• How client enquiries should be conveyed to the veterinarian and answers provided to the client.
• How to recognise an emergency situation and the action which should be taken.
• The details to be collected for a routine admission.
• The procedures for a routine discharge including any homecare instructions and cleaning and preparation of the patient.